Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The View From my Dining Room

Scott and Paw Paw Jordy started on the play set yesterday.

Michael helped in his own way.

After his inspection they were allowed to continue.
It was so hot! I don't know how they did it.
I discovered the view from my dining room this morning. I visioned sitting at the table, chatting with friends while watching our kiddos play from the air conditioned comfort. This might take a a year or so for that amount of freedom. A girl can dream right?

2 comments:

Haben said...

Jana, how are you? That's so cool you found me! About the dreams of freedom, I've been there! But it does happen and sooner than you think. They're growing bigger and older every day. And then one day you turn around and they're almost ten! And you say "Wow that went by sooo fast! What happen to all the time I thought I was going to have." And you look and him and think "Oh my goodness he's almost a man, I hope that I've been teaching him everything he needs to know to be a GOOD man." I know, I know, that sounds crazy to you right now while your looking at your precious little infant and toddler, but believe me it goes by too quickly! I would encourage you to find some time during each day to really enjoy them. I get so caught up in just trying to get everything done that I forget to do this sometimes. I'm sure you're not guilty of that ;) but in case you are, take some time to relish in their childhood and being their mom. When I do take the time, I feel overwhelmed with gratitude toward Heavenly Father. Ok enough preaching, sorry about that! Your post just got me all reminiscent. Love you, Haben
P.S. Give Scott a big hug and a kiss for me. I wish I could be there to see him being a daddy, I'll bet he's great! After all he had Mike for an example.

Kristin said...

It's good to have a dream. :)