Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Michaels first day of MDO


So Michael has arrived safely home from the harsh grip of the world..... also known as Mothers Day Out. Scott went in late so he could come with us this morning to drop Michael off. I was so proud of my son. For every 3 children one of them was screaming "BUT I DON'T WANT TO GO TO SCHOOL ". Michael walked up to the closed door knocked and said"open it". We did. He walked right in and sat down with a toy and never looked back. I had to pry Scott out of the door frame. On the way back out to the car Scott grabbed my hand and squeezed it. We walked all the way to the car holding hands like teenagers. I asked him to share what he was feeling. He could not. We got in the car and he was overwhelmed with pride. I love that little man soo much.

3 comments:

123 checkoutourfamily said...

Way to go! I'm not at all surprised that he was ready. He loves to learn so I'm sure he had a blast.

scraphappymama said...

glad that the drop off went well. cutting those mommy heart strings even for a few hours a day is heart-wrenching to say the least. They say it does get easier (I'm still waiting for the proof) :)

PS My husband thinks you have the coolest blog title (yes, that means he doesn't think my Karen Carpenter title is all that cool!!!) Is it from What About Bob?!?!

Kristin said...

He will be the smartest kid in the class, no doubt. I always love seeing ehir name stickers on their backs. Whoever thought of that was really smart.