Saturday, December 27, 2008

The Alamo











You have not been to the Alamo until you have been to the Alamo with my husband. For those that do not know about Scott's love for Texas history let me share a little secret. Scott loooooves Texas history. We have been to the Alamo 6 times in our marriage of 9 years. He has read every plaque, marker and etched stone in the place. Every time we go he is soo passionate about the stories of the men that gave their lives. Watching him makes me want to learn and feel a fraction of what he is feeling. We took Jack and he walked across the line that William Barret Travis drew in the sand so he is an official Texan. Michael walked across the line when he was 6 months and then several times this visit so I think he is coverd. I hope one day the boys will share this love of learning about history with their father.

4 comments:

123 checkoutourfamily said...

welcome back to the blogging world. Wow, ya'll have been busy. I didn't realize that Scott is so into Texas History. I wish I were interested in history but I think memorizing dates and people in school wasn't my thing.

We loved the b-day party. Good job! Did ya'll find something on your doorstep?

Amanda said...

Jana,
I was so thrilled to see you comment and catch up with your sweet family on your blog. You don't know how many times Spencer and I have wondered how you and Scott were!!! You seem and look fabulous!!! Wow, you boys are beautiful and you all look so happy. Love Christmas cards huh!! So great to see you guys! Keep in tough--

Ash said...

I've been too the Alamo 4 times and never noticed that line on the ground. Thanks for pointing that out. Next time I'm there I'm going to become a true Texan and step over it. :)

Unknown said...

just found your blog, thanks to amanda. You guys look great and your kids sure have inherited their parents fun personalities. I especially like the rolly polly mr Jack. He's awesome. Come see us soon!

Spencer